Find and Replace
Find and Replace
This feature is used to search for a text and replace it with other text.
- Select Edit → Find & Replace, the dialog box will open.
- Type the text to find in the Find box.
- To change the text with different text, enter the new text in the Replace box. For example, while writing the paragraph the word ‘IT Job Fair’ was typed but it should be ‘NationalITJobFair’. Solet’s replace it.
Step 1: Click on Edit Menu → Find & Replace option or press CTRL+F
Step 2: Write text under Search For option and click on Find button to locate the entered word. This will select the word which you want to search for. Also, you can click on Find All to select and display all occurrences of the entered text.
Step 3: Write the text under Replace with option. Now click on Replace if you want to change only first occurrence of it and use Replace All to replace all the matching occurrences.
- A word processor is a software for typing, formatting and creating documents.
- There are two types of formatting that we can apply – character formatting and paragraph formatting.
- For character formatting, we must first select all the characters where we want to apply the formatting. For paragraph formatting, it is enough to have any part of the paragraph selected – for a single paragraph, it is sufficient to place the insertion point somewhere in that paragraph.
- Character formatting includes – font, font style, size, font colour, underline style, underline colour, and effects – for example subscript, superscript, emboss, etc.
- Paragraph formatting comprises of – alignment; indents – left, right, first line and hanging; space before and after paragraphs; and line spacing.
- To highlight the points, we can use bullets or numbering for the paragraphs.
- If we plan to put tabular data, we can either use tabs – left, right, center and decimal; or use table to type in the text within the cells.
- To enhance the appeal of the document, we can insert pictures – either from clip art, or from files. We might have to select appropriate wrapping options to have the text around the picture.
- We can move or duplicate text in a document or across documents using options like Cut, Copy and Paste.
- If we are likely to make mistakes (and all of us are!), we can utilise the word processor to check the spellings and grammar.
- Before we print the document, we must decide on margins, page size, gutter etc. through Page Setup.
- If we need to have many copies of documents which are same except for some parts, like invitation letters, we can use the mail merge facility to make the task simpler.
- We can allow others to review the documents by editing as well as by adding comments. These changes can be tracked. We can later decide as to whether to keep those changes or to revert back to the original text.